BENLLECH BEACH VILLAGE
All You Need
Within Walking Distance
Don’t feel that you need to bring absolutely everything with you in the car when you come to Anglesey.
Think about your Carbon Footprint. Just bring yourself.
Everything you need for your visit you can buy in Benllech.
Not only do we have a Co-op, Spar and Tesco Extra in the village but further afield there is a Waitrose in Menai Bridge.
In Llangefni in the centre of the Isle of Anglesey there is an Asda and Iceland.
At the Holyhead end of the A55 Expressway you'll find a 24 Hour Tesco and Morrisons supermarkets.
You'll find a couple of butchers in the village as well, a post office and a shop in the square that will sell you buckets, spades and snorkels.
- Tesco Extra - You may remember the Lewis garage in the village square. That's gone and now you'll find this decent sized supermarket.
- Co-op - Along the main street to the south.
- Spar - In the small shopping precinct more or less opposite the Co-op.
- in this little precinct you'll find a little laundrette here, a Spar store, a Kebab shop - the little cafe 'Caffi Bach' (Little Cafe) has sadly gone.
- Hairdresser - Steil (Style) Opposite the arcade.
Family Butcher - On the main street selling popular spit-roast chickens.
There's another family butcher on the opposite side of the road and further along from the Breeze Hill Hotel (excellent food).
The small village shops survive because many of its inhabitants have retired here and support their local businesses.
GOOD EATING IN THE VILLAGE
- Benllech Isaf Café on the beach.
- Two great Chip Shops on either side of the village square.
My friend Simon runs the Jolly Fryer in the car park in the square.
I have been to both chip shops and like them both. Simon also has another excellent chip shop in Gaerwen.
Please check out Simon's chippy in Gaerwen if yur in the centre of Anglesey.
CLICK HERE TO HAVE A LOOK AT THE BEST CHIPSHOP ON ANGLESEY.
Further excellent eateries:
- Bradley's Deli Coffee Shop - Absolutely excellent coffee and delights both sweet and savoury.
- Beachcomber Bar and Grill - Opposite the small shopping precinct.
- Talent House - A very good Cantonese restaurant on the main street.
- Bengal Tiger - Take-away just up from the square on your left going up.
- The Cove Brasserie - Good Lunchtime Deals
- Breeze Hill Hotel - A bit farther beyond the main street up on your left. Family menu.
- The Benllech Hotel - In the square. Family menu.
- The Crab Shop - In the square opposite the Tesco.
- Kebab Shop - In the little shopping precingt near the Spar.
EATING BY BENLLECH BEACH
- BENLLECH ISAF - Guest House and The Bay Cafe. Licensed. Directly overlooks the beach. Telephone (01248) 852700. It's on your left at the bottom of the hill from the garage.
- The WENDON - Teas and snacks right on the beach.
- The (Dan Dare) Ice-Cream Kiosk- Above the beach and Absolutely Fabulous! ice creams.
NatWest Bank - along the main street. Limited hours. No cash machine.
You can always ask for Cash-Back at the Co-op and Tesco.
Post Office - in the Tesco Extra in the village square.
Anglesey Post Office
Remember that you can always draw money across the counter in any post office if your bank has an arrangement with Post Offices Ltd.
Rural post office survive or die because of your custom, so please buy something while you're there.
- Pharmacy - Along the main street.
- In Pentraeth - Just a few miles south of Benllech
- In Llangefni - Seven miles away in Llangefni
- In the car park in the village square.
- Behind The Wendon on the beach. In the beach car park.
Please be aware that these toilets are not left open all-year round.
Please be aware that Anglesey County Council is looking to sell-off or close all public toilets. Daft Buffers!
There is a scheme that nobody seems to know about where Anglesey County Council pay around £500 to pubs, cafes, hotels and public buildings in some towns to allow people to use their toilets without being obliged to buy anything.
Community Councils are looking to take over their own as well - once insurance liabilities are sorted
A list exists! Check this link below for Anglesey County Council updates. Anglesey Public Toilets Update.
Dan Dare and his Dynamic Ice-Cream Technician
Care To Share A Thought?
Would you care the share a thought or make an observation.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return from Benllech facilities to BENLLECH BEACH
Go to ANGLESEY FACILITIES
Go to ANGLESEY EASTERN BEACHES
Go to Anglesey Hidden Gem HOME PAGE